Friday, July 28, 2006

Beauty in Unexpected Places

I know this ad has been circulating around the 'net for a while, but I was just watching it again tonight, and I still love it--it's so hopeful and humorous and somehow nostalgic and bittersweet all at the same time.

It's worth another watch if you've seen it. And if you haven't seen it, you must. It's a shame all advertising isn't this lovely and evocative.


In any case, it's the mood I'm in tonight.

High bandwidth version (recommended -- WELL worth the wait)

Low bandwidth version

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Syl, are you psychic? I've been thinking of finding that thing and watching it again. I love it. Fuck snobbery, that commercial is beautiful.

7/29/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Heh. Further proof of my soul sister theory.

I agree with the fuck snobbery thing. And I also think that if people thought more like this all the time, there wouldn't have to be snobbery. I've never understood why people couldn't see everything, even the ordinary stuff, as art. Pretty much what Audre Lorde was saying in "The Erotic as Power."

7/29/2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger Karl Elvis said...

That is amazing. Quite something else than 'advertising', we need a different word for it.

8/02/2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Nikki Magennis said...

Hi there.

I loved the bouncing balls!....now have a look at the one they just shot here in Glasgow - a rough amateur film, but it gives you an idea of what's coming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oQA1rgnYDU

8/11/2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria