Monday, June 26, 2006

Learning to Cope With the Emotionless Mediocracy of Day-to-Day Living

Love love love love love love love

Songs.

Just about everything I am is a contradiction. Case in point:

As you know, I'm an only half-hearted girl, afraid of intimacy and sentimentality.

And yet I'm also passionately, poisonously romantic.

It's a dangerous and possibly lethal combination to have roiling in my blood every day.

Oh, last night, and today...it's at a boiling point, and the fumes are curling all around me like vines of purple and red smoke, overwhelming me and making me swoon.

And it's at want want need need times like this, that I have no alternative but to pull out the big guns to help cope. I must conjur up the soul and spirit of the inimitable Daniel Johnston.

Oh baby, I need it bad. Do you need it, too? Daniel and I are gonna give it to you.

Need a girl singing you the most stunnigly simple, perfect love song ever written? Yes, I do. Yes, you do. It's here, covered by Kathy McCarty.

Need a boy singing you a song about how you'll find true love if you don't have it now? Yes, I do. Yes, you do. It's here, covered by Beck.


Now, c'mere and kiss me. Hard.


(Note: You can buy stuff by all three of these artists on iTunes. Or, you can get Daniel Johnston's art--like the piece "Voila!" pictured above--and music, books, posters, shirts, etc. directly from his website. Go do it.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

only 2 questions syl.

1. How much have you had to drink tonight?

2.Kiss you where?

The word verification is a lot tougher after a 12 pack. lol. I think the words just got a lot bigger on the 3rd try.

6/27/2006 3:33 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Tory:

1) Absolutemente nada.

2) Use your imagination.

*You,* on the other hand, do seem to drink a LOT. I worry about you sometimes...

6/27/2006 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing to drink? It sure felt like it to me or maybe I had drank enough for both of us. Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesnt get you anywhere. Dont worry.

I only drink on days that end in Y. I wasnt drunk but damn if that word verfication didnt look slammed together.

6/27/2006 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria