Thursday, March 02, 2006

Slouching Toward Bethlehem

I'm trying to stay strong, but some days lately, the whole waking nightmare thing is just getting to be too much for me.

In my country, we are now living in times where this is necessary.

I want to cry. And I want to hurt someone.

The most terrifying aspect of democracy is that people can actually be stupid enough to vote to have their freedoms taken away.

I'm begging everyone: please pay attention to what's going on out there, and scream your fucking heads off about it. Not just about this. About all of it--about every insidious little inroad that's being taken to whittle away at your right to speak, think, love, and live freely. We need to act now before it's too late.

(link originally found via Susie Bright's blog)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes. And we certainly can be stupid. Not just once. But twice. Good God.

Thanks for the link.

3/02/2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Karl Elvis said...

The capacity for stupidity of the average american still shocks me, a good 25 years after it first occurred to me that people were not ss smart as I'd assumed.

All the more reason for those of us who understand to speak up.

3/02/2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

AAG: You're welcome, but let's hope to god none of us ever has to use it.

Karl Elvis: So right. Ugh. And all this disgust has been compounded by someone I know having just come back from working down in Louisiana with some of the people who have been disenfranchised down there, post-Katrina. Hearing the stories of what's going on with these people, and FEMA's continued fucked-upedness and general lack of empathy for the neediest in our nation is just making me ill. New Orleans is on the rise again, my ass. Yeah, maybe for a small contingent of wealthy and upper-middle-class people. Let's forget about everyone else, why don't we.

3/03/2006 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria