Sunday, May 21, 2006

And last, but certainly not least...

Answers for the Eeeevil (in a good way) Minx. Who deserves many strokes of her cat-suited back for being so patient.

1. If you were an animal (non-human) what animal would you be?

I have been told by many ex-boyfriends, and I tend to agree, that I'm very cat-like. Love lounging in bed/sleeping. Love having my back (well, whole body, really) rubbed/head scratched. Initially suspicious--you have to lure me to you through kindness and trustworthiness (and treats and other temptations). Once won over, though, I will be incredibly purry and affectionate. Like to rest my head on people I like. Have been known to give an occasional love bite. Am hyper-sensitive to changes in the emotional air. Seem harmless and warm and pretty-soft-soft, but get my back up and the claws come out and I'll fight to the death.

Funny thing is, I used to hate cats growing up. One attacked me when I was a kid and I was scared of them after that. I thought they were unpredictable, mean creatures. Then my housemate had one and I realized they were just misunderstood. Once you get them, they're the coolest. And I realized they think instinctively much like I do. Now cats lurrrrve me, and I love them. But I've sworn to own only one at a time--I do NOT want to become crazy cat lady in my old age, alone with 20 cats.

Hm, though you're not asking what animal am I like, you're asking what animal would I be.

Being a cat is appealing, actually, but I'd rather not be a domestic cat. If I could choose, I'd choose to be a lioness. I've had a number of dreams about lounging with or encountering female lions, and I always feel comfortable in the dreams--I'm never scared. (I'm also a Leo, so I guess it all makes sense, if you believe astrology--which I only do when it suits my purpose).

Other than that, I sometimes think it would be great to be a bird--one of the kinds who can really soar and dip up there--a hawk, for instance. Or one of the types who can both fly and swim underwater. That would be cool.

2. What 7 songs/albums would you want to have with you if you were shipwrecked on a desert island (that happened to have a very good sound system in full working order)?

This is an incredibly hard question. I love music and have too much of it to narrow it down, and what I want to listen to changes all the time with my mood. Sigh...if this were really true, I'd probably burn 7 CDs of my own full of hundreds of songs. Or I'd go for greatest hits CDs of my favorite bands, so I could have a little of everything they've done. But let me try to do this, thinking about which CDs/bands get most play for me over my lifetime.

Um, it turns out I'm gonna have to cheat a little. I'll do 7 bands, but multiple CDs.

    1. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses. I love this band. LOVE them. And they remind me of a particular time in my life that I like to reminisce about.

    2. The Pixies, Surfer Rosa and Doolittle. Actually, I'd want the whole catalogue, but then I'd have used up my whole 7. Another of my all-time favorite bands. You should see me tear up the dancefloor to Debaser. In fact, I almost named my blog "girliesogroovie," but then I didn't.

    3. Ride, Smile and Nowhere. This band was genius in its heyday. These were there two most perfect CDs.

    4. Luna, Lunapark and Bewitched and Penthouse. Arghhh, I can't choose.

    5. Radiohead, The Bends and OK Computer.

    6. Ramones, Ramones Mania (I'd take all the CDs, but I can't, so one good comprehensive one)

    7. The Beatles. You can't really be serious about me choosing just one of theirs, right? Sigh. ...thinking...thinking...No, I can't name one. I have to have all of them.

This feels entirely not enough! Seven? Seven? No way. Um, other bands I'd want to bring something of: Blur, James, Patti Smith, Tom Waits, Bright Eyes, Pulp, Verve, Nina Simone, Bjork, Beck, The Waterboys, The Pogues, The Rolling Stones (pre--1985 only), The Frank & Walters, Lush, Jesus & Mary Chain, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, The Smiths, The Cure...

Oh god, forget it. I'm about to launch into my whole music collection. Note to self: never get stranded on a desert island. You'll be useless.


3. Which is/are your favourite piece(s) of underwear?

My favorite piece of underwear is the one I'm sliding my hand in under and then taking off of him, if he was foolish enough to have it on in the first place. Or, alternately the one I'm wearing that he's doing the same thing to, in reverse.

5 Comments:

Blogger Evil Minx said...

Outstanding answers, Miss Syl!

"if you believe astrology--which I only do when it suits my purpose"

Hee! Me too!

(My word verification word is yummbo. Swear to god. Heh. Or is it only me who finds that amusing?)

5/21/2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger What the Chuck said...

HI Miss Syl,

Everyone ALWAYS wants to be a lioness, or an eagle, or a big bear, or some other overexhausted piece of charismatic megafauna.

Me, people are ALWAYS comparing me to a grizzly bear, or a wolverine, or a badger (because I am both ferocious and tenacious).

But they miss the more exotic delights and lessons for the animals that no one (sniff) seems to love.

If I had to pick an animal that actually represents my real personality, it would be the banana slug. Likes to be wet, never looks like it's doing anything or going anywhere, but if you turn your back on it for an instant, it's gone.

Second on the list would have to be a muriqui monkey. They have the biggest balls of all the monkeys, are polygamous, and have the best orgasms of any monkey, as the volume of semen they produce is how they win the genetic race-- not having the males beat each other over the head.

They're pretty cool.

5/22/2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Minx: Yummbo. Of *course* that was your word. Um, mine is fnegpqx. That says a lot about me.

Chuck: Banana slugs rock. I have even been known to buy people chocolate banana slugs as presents. Yet, I would not want to be one. Seen too many of them either squished or dried out.

Ah well, sorry to have dazzled you with my unoriginality, but I was going for honest rather than unique. Though, to my credit, the reasons for both lion and hawk had nothing to do with their being megafauna or their symbolism out in the world at large. One had to do specifically with recurring dreams I have, in which I'm in the company of lions, and the other had to do with having developed a fondness for hawks and their flying abilities when I lived out west.

And then of course, I also said a water bird...I know which one I mean, but I don't know the name of it, so couldn't give you that...and a cat, which is probably most realisitc. And while neither of those may be strikingly unique, they're not megafauna.

So nya, mister muriqui . :-P

5/22/2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger What the Chuck said...

Hi Miss Syl,

Sorry to offend! There is nothing like watching the raptors in the West (where I live). I love to ride my bike-- and while riding, I watch them circle over my head.

I think that they're mostly red-tailed and rough-legged hawks, chasing mice in the fields.

I don't think that they're buzzards waiting for me to die. But they could be.

Love,

Chuck

5/23/2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Chuck you darlin' banana slug:

You didn't offend at all! I was just bein' silly.

Ah, buzzards look pretty damn cool flying, as awkward as they look on the ground. And they keep the world from being smelly. So bonus points to them.

Hopefully you will wait to die until after your bike ride, and all will be well. ;)

Or, you could just choose to not die and continue to amuse me in my comments. That might be a not-too-bad alternative, what do you say?

5/23/2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria