Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Keep Rolling, Dammit! Sex Scenes I Wish They Would Have Filmed


All this talk about films keeps clouding my head this week. The comment in the Y Tu Mama post about "sex that wasn't really sex" got me thinking about which fades-to-blacks I wish I could have lifted up the shade on, and/or which almost-coitus-but-interruptus moments I wish would have turned into full-blown cinema lust fests. Here's what I've got so far:

  • Kate Winslet and Jim Carey in bed under the blanket in that gorgeously emotional scene in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

  • The four-Monkees-on-one-girl scene at the beginning of "Head" (come on, you KNOW you'd wanna see it)

  • Mae West and Cary Grant in "She Done Him Wrong"

  • The threesome in the pool or in the hotel bedroom (either/or/both) in "Laurel Canyon"

  • Not a movie, but still: In "Six Feet Under," the scene between Nate and Lisa in the woods where he tells her in great detail what he's about to do to her, before he starts to do it--mm, mm, mm, perfectly crafted dirty-talk scene

  • Really didn't like this movie, but I still would have liked to see Colin Firth act on that one moment at the end of "Bridget Jone's Diary" where he's just gotten into her flat and it looks like it's all he can do to keep from ripping her clothes off. Good acting, there, Colin. I'd have let you.

  • The infamous cutting-room floor scene between the Sleaze Sisters in my favorite grrl cult film of all time, "Times Square"

  • Darryl Hannah and Aidann Quinn in "Reckless" (did anyone ever see that film besides me?)

  • Frank N. Furter with Brad and/or Janet in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"

I had a lot of more current examples in my head this afternoon, but I'm tired right now. Maybe you can help me add to the list.
Linketeria