Thursday, March 09, 2006

Two Words: You. Me.

Someone was encouraging me to put this little game I invented to amuse myself at work today up on my blog, so that you could play along with me. So here goes.

So today, I was thinking of various friends and deciding if I was only allowed one word, ever, to epitomize them, what would that one word would be. Then, when I decided on a word for a particular person, I looked it up on an online dictionary/thesaurus, and sent the link to that friend so they could click and see what word they were to me in my personal emotional dictionary. I encourage you to try it. It's a nice little present you can give people that makes them happy (assuming you don't choose something like "fetid" for them) and it doesn't cost anything. Plus, it keeps your vocabulary and brain active, too.

But now, I put the question out to you, too, so I can get to know you better.

So if you could us ONLY ONE word-to-end-all-words to describe yourself, what would it be?

And just out of sheer egocentric curiosity, if you were to choose one word for me, what would that be?

My word to describe myself: chiaroscuro (Or would it be "chiaroscura," since I'm female?)

"The art or practice of so arranging the light and dark parts as to produce a harmonious effect."

And yes, I know it's not an adjective. That's allowed. Describe yourself as a conjunction, for all I care. Just has to be one word.

P.S. If you want some extra credit: What one word do you think others who know you would choose for you?

8 Comments:

Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

Thanks for the nibble, Miss Syl. You're yummy, too. xoxoxo

3/09/2006 9:31 PM  
Blogger Karl Elvis said...

chiaroscura is an excellent word. Though it sounds to me like something I'd order in an argentine steak house. But that could be just 'cause I'm hungry, or because I think you would be a tasty thing to eat.

I'll have to ponder the game. I'm having trouble with a word for you, and I'm at a loss for me-myself-and-I.

Great game, by the way.

3/09/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Blue Gal: And, to keep the dining metaphors going, I think you're dishy.

3/09/2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Karl Elvis: Thanks.

I was trying to make a single word up for you, but "badass" and "muthafucka" both told me they'd cut me if I tried to make them into one word.

3/09/2006 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my word for you would be aesthetic.
for me, maverick.

3/10/2006 3:49 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Hi Tory. Thanks for playing with me. :-)

I like the one you chose for me. Very flattered (she said, bashfully).

And I *do* find a maverick to be very aesthetically pleasing, doncha know. Even though I know I shouldn't. You're heaps of trouble, you mavericks.

3/10/2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

MSA: What would you tell her your word was?

3/11/2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Chelsea Girl: Oooh, nice. Leave it to a marilynious woman like you to sex up the dictionary with new words.

My word for how I see you is iridescent.

Lustrous, colorful, brilliant. Yep. That's your word.

evol,

Syl

3/11/2006 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria