Thursday, May 04, 2006

Counting Backwards

Well, my mind doesn't seem to be able to write on heavier topics at all this week, so I guess I'm just going to have to stick with something a little lighter and less brain-watt burning. So I will take my cue from the always cue-worthy Hiromi (who took hers from El Diablo, who I don't know, but assume is also cue-worthy) and will get a little meme-istic on your asses.

Note that I actually wrote this at about 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, but got busy so didn't post 'til now. Which means that a couple of the "today" ones are now outdated; but I'm too lazy to re-do them.

So, for your reading pleasure (or displeasure, if you have a thing against memes--or me--in which case, move on people, there's nothing to see here):

9 lasts
1. Last place you were: A corporate coffee chain. Yeah, that corporate coffee chain. So sue me. Coffee sucks where I live. It’s the best I can do. (I got a decaf skim latte, if that is of interest to anyone.)
2. Last soda: I don’t drink soda. I don’t like carbonation--it hurts me. Burns my throat and tongue. I’ll force myself to work through the pain for good beer or a very good mixed drink, but otherwise, never. 

3. Last kiss: a real one, or a “friend on the cheek" one? They probably mean a real one. In that case: too, too long.
4. Last movie seen: On DVD--Breakfast on Pluto. In the theater—Thank You For Not Smoking (both were only so-so)
5. Last CD you listened to: I haven’t been listening to whole CDs lately, as I’ve got my satellite radio and iTunes hooked up to my stereo, and tend to just listen to random stations or random shuffle. My iTunes is playing right now, so the last song I’ve listened to is the brilliant “If I Can’t Sell it, I’ll Keep Sittin’ On It” by Ruth Brown. Which, ironically, if you listen to or look up the lyrics, gives some insight into the rationale for #3 above.
6. Last bubble bath: not since I was a kid. My skin, as well as other things, are too sensitive for perfume-y, chemical-ish stuff. 

7. Last time you cried: I welled up for a second yesterday when I was talking about something emotional, but I didn’t really cry. I don’t remember exactly when I had a “real” cry. A couple of months ago or more, probably.
8. Last alcoholic beverage: Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Kabinett 2003 Riesling. So delicious.

9. Have you ever gotten drunk and thrown up: I have gotten drunk many times (back when I was younger), even once or twice enough to induce some memory loss the next day. I have felt ill from drinking. But I have never, never thrown up from it.

8 "Have you evers"

1. Have you ever dated someone twice: In a row? Uh, yeah. After a period of non-dating? Don’t think so.
2. Have you ever been cheated on: Yes.
3. Have you ever kissed somebody and regretted it: Only once, when the person got stalker-ish after it happened. I’ve also been taken by surprise and kissed by people who I didn’t ask to be kissed by and not been happy about that. But I don’t think that counts as me having kissed them.
4. Have you ever fallen in love: Maybe. I’m not sure. Once I thought I was in love, but now I don’t know if I really was. Another time I thought I wasn’t, but now I think I might have been.
5. Have you ever been depressed: Clinically, no. Have I ever had a low moment? Yes.

6. Have you ever hit another person: My sister and I would go for an occasional slap at each other when we were growing up. Other than that, once when I was in a city in Portugal, I punched a guy who kept following me everywhere, saying sexually threatening things to me. However, hitting him had the opposite effect to the one I had hoped for.
7. Have you ever skinny dipped: If an indoor Jacuzzi on my own counts, then yes. If not, the closest I’ve ever come is swimming in my bra and panties in someone’s outdoor pool.

7 states you’ve been to
I’ve been to (or at least through) many of them. Seven states I’ve never been to would be easier to list. So I’ll do that: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, New Hampshire, Maine, Oklahoma, Utah.

6 things you’ve done today
1. Woke up way too early, for no reason.
2. Went to a gourmet market, and discovered a weird food coincidence.
3. Watched the end of a film on DVD (Breakfast on Pluto, in fact). 

4. Received a present in the mail! :-)
5. Got an email from an old boyfriend.
6. Learned a new phrase in Latin (Quod me nutrit me destruit).

5 favorite things in no particular order

1. Massages (anywhere) and scratches (back and head). Pet me and I melt, every time.
2. Passionate intercourse with someone I dig beyond belief (And yes, I mean “intercourse” in every meaning of the word. Otherwise, I’d have just said “sex.”)
3. Hearing the sounds a man makes when he’s incredibly turned on

4. Always learning and discovering new things: whether that’s ideas, items, places, cool people, etc.
5a. (Yeah, I’m cheating, but I’m glad I have trouble nailing it down to five.) Books, food, music, intellectual debate, thought-provoking conversation
5b. Dancing my ass off to incredibly loud, good music
5c. The ocean.
5d. The smell and feel and rush of spring.

4 favorite colors
I dunno. I like a lot of colors. I wear black a lot. So, black (though that’s technically absence of color, right?). Red. Orange. Royal blue. All the other brightest, most obnoxious, luminous, gerbera-type colors. Except YELLOW, ugh. And If it’s light pastel you can forget it. Except sometimes I’ll be caught in some variants of pink. But no one who’s seen that has ever lived to tell about it. Um, that was a completely disorderly answer. Deal.

3 people you can tell anything to
I have one. She already knows who she is, and she doesn’t read this blog.

I have a few others who almost qualify, with some minor exceptions.

I have maybe one other person who I suspect could end up in the top category eventually, but the jury’s still out.

2 things you want to do before you die
My god, only two? I have a zillion. The two that are on my mind most lately:
1. Really start writing the novel that’s in my head, and start publishing what I’ve already written that’s just sitting around collecting dust.
2. Stop being afraid

1 thing you regret:

I’m not big on regret. What’s the point? You can’t do things over. I tend to think everything happens to get you where you need to be, and if it didn’t happen, you’d never get there. Even your mistakes are important to who you become. So no major regrets for anything I’ve chosen to do. But if I have to list one where choice wasn’t really the operative factor:
1. I regret circumstance ended up putting me in that room.

4 Comments:

Blogger Clarissa said...

Am I dense? I can't seem to find your email address ... I feel as if I have scoured your site ... but I am guilty of looking for milk in the fridge and not finding it even though it's sitting right there in front of my nose. Why am I looking for your email? I wanted to send you a note regarding your previous 'no comments' post. In any event, as always its been a pleasurable visit. Ta.

5/05/2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Hiya Ellie. Email's in my profile, though not in the normal place--listed right under my "about me" description. Click on my name here and it should come up.

5/05/2006 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last place you were: A corporate coffee chain. Yeah, that corporate coffee chain. So sue me. Coffee sucks where I live. It’s the best I can do. (I got a decaf skim latte, if that is of interest to anyone.)

For some reason, I love these things, whether independently owned or corporate. I'm a sucker for fancy coffee drinks, just like I'm a sucker for fancy water drinks.

5/06/2006 12:31 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Hiromi: Yeah, I have no guilt about the fancy coffee drinks themselves. I don't really like regular coffee--only espresso-with-milk drinks. And as I don't have my own espresso maker, gotta go buy it elsewhere. I also just like sitting in cafes in general. I just don't like giving my money to Starbucks.

Romancing Simplicity: Why resist the urge? It's fun. For me, it's kinda like doing crossword puzzles or Boggle or whatever. Exercising the brain, but not thinking in a way that means anything too important. Just playing with words.

If it helps you, you're TAGGED. There, now you are forced to do it!

5/06/2006 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria