Monday, April 24, 2006

Fact #70: My Wedding Fantasy

So, I'm adding one more fact about me to the list here, in the spirit of my other post here.

It's my personal wedding fantasy.

They say every woman fantasizes about her wedding. I suppose this confession lumps me into that stereotype. And yet...

I've never been especially marriage-centric. I'm not against it; I'd do it if I found someone I wanted to do it with. But I was never one of those little girls who wanted to play bride. I was one of those little girls who wanted to be Catwoman. My Barbies never went bridal--they went out for spins in their convertible, wore funky vintage clothing, had lengthy make-out sessions with Ken (sometimes in a threesome), and then killed Ken off when he got boring (a cliff was usually involved).

And as I got older, things didn't change much. "A diamond is forever" ads tend to fill me with rolling-eyed, sarcastic disdain rather than make me sentimental or wistful the way they're supposed to. I've never even had a passing thought about flower arrangements, or coordinated tablecloths, or china and silver patterns. I've never once dreamed about my perfect wedding dress, or what kind of setting the ceremony would be in. To tell you the truth, I've never even really fantasized what the guy would be like.

But there's one thing I've dreamt about for years, and if I ever get married, I want it, dammit, and no one had better tell me no.

It's my wedding song.

I have the whole scene in my head. The wedding ceremony is done, there's some kind of party just getting started, and then some guy with a microphone announces the entrance of the bride and groom to great applause, the way they always do. And then we go on to the dance floor, the way brides and grooms always do. And then the guy with the mic announces very meaningfully and sentimentally, like those guys always do, that the bride and groom are going to dance their first dance together as a married couple, they way they always do. And then everyone hushes up and waits for the moment of ultimate romance to begin, the way they always do.

And then they play our song.


(Lyrics here)


(Photo credit: Francis & Angie by kieron)

(Update: Apologies if the music link above isn't working right--will someone let me know if they're having any problems with it? If so, you can try the castpost link below as an also not great alternate. I really need some better hosting for audio. Any ideas?)



4 Comments:

Blogger Darkneuro said...

I've thought about my wedding. One of 2 scenes... Either married by the JP and a huge BYOB at a local park with EVERYONE invited (even people I don't know) OR... (my secret)... I wanna be married in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator. Or in Graceland's gardens by an Elvis impersonator. The song? Can't Help Falling In Love. The dress? rich deep royal purple velvet with silver trim OR a white gauzy thing. He'd wear linen and no shoes if white gauzy. Tails if the velvet. Flowers would be white daisies. I wouldn't have a 'maid or matron of honor'. I'd have a best man. Michael. I'd give myself away. Damn. I'm such a dweeb.

4/25/2006 1:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Darkneuro: That's just about the most adorable confession I've ever read. Made me smile with delight on a totally crap day.

Dweebs rock.

Oh, and I had a friend who wanted to get married in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator, too. Apparently there's some giant statue of Elvis in LV, at the foot of which she hoped to get the deed done. You may want to look into that.

4/25/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Darkneuro said...

Yeah, except being A: nowhere near marrying because I'm B: hopelessly single. Right now I'd settle for a good nekkid rubdown by someone of the male persuasion.

4/27/2006 11:01 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Aw hon, well we've got A&B in common, but hell, at least we can actually order up C (a male masseur) on the phone. I have done...it's worth it. In fact, hm...wonder about this weekend...I could use some muscular release...

4/27/2006 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria