Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'll match your three Kates and raise you an Amélie

Okay, so I lied, but this is a mindless post, so it doesn't count. But it's just too fun a toy not to share.

Want to know what I look like? Well, according to this genealogical site's funky, free face recognition demo thingie that scans a photo of your face and compares it against a database of famous people, I look most closely like:

(Photo scan #1)

Kate Bush
followed in close second by...

Amélie Nothomb---author of Fear and Trembling, which I've never read. Didn't know anything about her until today, though have heard vague mention of her book.







AND/OR

(photo scan #2)

Catherine Zeta-Jones

with a Kate Winslet chaser








But before you get all excited and I get a flood of proposal emails (and I get too much of an ego), realize that a few clicks down the line after Kate there, at some point I also inexplicably got Colin Powell. (?)

I guess all four of these women all kind of have similar faces, though I'd have never thought to put them together before. And I actually do see some similarities to me in coloring, hair, face shape, mouth, etc., though none of them are my clone by any means. I have to say, though, I've never once thought I looked anything like Kate Bush, but in the photo they were using to compare (above), I actually kind of do.

Anyway, go play, and let me know who it says you look like. Even if it's wrong, it's kind of cool to see the scan at work, and it only takes two seconds to upload and get the results.

8 Comments:

Blogger Evil Minx said...

Colin Powell, Syl? Are you kidding me? roflmao!!!

Frankly, if you look like any of these women from a photo of yours, where you weren't made up by a professional make-up artist, then you must be a stunner.

But i always saw you in my mind's eye as a stunner anyway, so no big shock there.

Now i'm off to play -- i'll keep you posted as to the results. This is fun!

5/31/2006 3:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evil minx might be right about you looking muy stunning. Of course I'm biased because I have an absolutely huge Crush on Kate bush Circa the early 90's.

My results: I used 4 photos. At the top, I got Hose Carreras (71% match). Then Warren Beatty, John Kusack, Sean Connery (68, 64, 60%) with different photos, one taken just now with my phone - that's the one that delivered Sean Connery, btw.

My only gender bender was madhuri dixit (56% match). So while I lack quantity, I make up in quality - I cross gender, ethnicity and age barriers all in one fell swoop.

This was fun.

5/31/2006 3:37 AM  
Blogger spcknght said...

Well, after being midly ticked that the site doesn't support Safari (come on, world! Safari's more W3C compliant, et al, than pretty much every other browser on the planet! Get with the program!), I quickly downloaded Firefox and ran through one picture just to see what came up. The results are as follows:
Jennifer Capriati--60%
Richard Stallman--57%
Charlton Heston--56%
Albert Einstein--55%
Ralph Waldo Emerson--52%
Marcello Mastroianni--51%
Moshe Katsav--50%
Kareena Kapoor--50%
Hillary Swank--49%
Jennifer Garner--49%

As Mr. Spock would say--"Facinating..."

5/31/2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Hm...wonder why more people didn't try it?

Minx: Glad to hear from you. You're quiet on the blogging frong lately; I was starting to get worried. ;-) What were your results? Do tell.

I'm not a hideously ugly girl, I'm fairly certain--but trust me, no one is running up to me on the street and telling me I look just like Catherine Zeta-Jones, by a long shot. Why I think the program matched me to these people: 1) I have long, dark, wavy-ish hair 2) I have a oval-ish face that's low on the jutty-cheekbone scale 3) I have that thinner upper/fuller lower lip thing going on that both Kate Bush and Catherine have going on in their photos.

Still, as I've been feeling particularly negative about my looks lately, and it seems I always have a fairly clueless sense of my own attractiveness, this was kind of a nice surprise. I don't know what I was expecting the results would be, but I suppose it's heartening to me that I find all four of these women to be attractive.

Buck: See above re the muy stunning thing. I think I kind of resemble Kate Bush in that particular photo they showed me (posted on the blog), which apparently was taken this year. But I don't think that photo looks like most of the others I've ever seen of her, so it might just be a fluke.

Jose Carreras is a nice one to get. Do you have salt-and-pepper side-streaks like him? Love that. John Cusak used to be a big crush of mine back in the 80s. Still like him.

I had to look up Madhuri Dixit. She's purty. I like that the site has extended "famous" beyond the "Entertainment Tonight" norm to include people from around the world that we may not know about, and non-film-star kinds of famous. And the've also included historical figures. Kind of cool and surprisingly open-minded of them.

Spcknght: Jennifer's a cutie. I had to look up Richard Stallman. Do you have a big beard? I can't even tell what his face looks like--how could that program use his photo to compare to anyone?

For the life of me, I can't see how Jennifer Capriati and Moshe Katsav look at all alike, except that they both seem to have similar skin tones...

6/01/2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Karl Elvis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/01/2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger Karl Elvis said...

You know, I think those are pretty damned good matches.

On the other hand, I played with that thing, and you know, I figured I'd get something cool like kojak or the guy from The Shield.

But I wound up matching with this guy.

Who knew?

6/01/2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Karl Elvis: Not me. Here I thought it would be this guy.

You need to grow your beard a little longer so I can tie little ribbons in it for you, though.

6/01/2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger Karl Elvis said...

(concetrates really really hard on growing hair for Miss Syl).

6/01/2006 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria