Thursday, February 09, 2006

My First Time

Bet this post is not exactly what you thought it was going to be...

...but maybe it's about something even better, something that will bring you back to a certain feeling...


I was just thinking about how most people's "first time" is really not with a person, but with a piece of media--whether a book, a magazine, a photograph, film, TV show, or website.

Can you remember the first thing that sparked up your mind and body with that hot flame of desire? The very first thing that got you hard, or got you wet, so that you instinctively took your hand or pillow or (fill in the blank) and put it down where it needed to be, and started the motion that would, for the very first time, satisfy the sensations you couldn't even define yet?

I've heard men tell me they masturbated for the first time to women on sitcoms. Women tell me it was their life-size poster of their rock star crush taped to the back of their bedroom door. So innocent, yet so incredibly stirring, when you think back to how little it took to get your mind and desire racing back then.

For me, my first time was with a John Jakes novel called The Bastard. It was the first in a series of historical novels purportedly written for men, but which in reality were little more than masculine versions of romance novels. My dad had collected the series and had them sitting on a shelf, collecting dust in his study. I was a voracious reader and a brainy girl even then, and was already reading adult books, under my parent's supervision. I asked to read these books, and I'm sure my dad thought it was a good idea, as it would teach me things about American history. Little did he realize I'd keep the first book in the series under my bed for years, so I could have easy access to it whenever I needed it.

I can still clearly remember the very first time I read the opening sex scene in that book. In it, the hero, innocent and in his teens in pre-Revolution France, is seduced in the loft of a barn by the teenage-but-NOT-so-innocent serving wench who works in his mother's inn. It is winter and it is cold. She starts out pretending that she just wants to warm him up, but then she slowly starts touching him in different places, and putting his hands on her in different places, until she works him up to the point of no control. And reading that...well, that was the beginning of me learning to work myself up to the point of no control.

Part of me wants to go back and re-read that scene now, years later. But another part of me doesn't want to, because I'm sure to an experienced adult, the passage would probably seem trite and silly. But at the time, for me, a young and innocent kid like the French boy and girl in the story, it was so, soooo hot.

So who--or more specifically, what--were you with your first time?

5 Comments:

Blogger Dee Jour said...

The first river of curiosity flowed with Nancy Friday's My Secret Garden, that opened the door to the concept of sexual fantasy and this was closely followed by Men in Love (Friday) where men wrote, or essentially did (but more than a decade ago) what many of us do in the Blogosphere, discuss their sexual activities and fantasies. Men in Love is what actually got me 'hot' about the idea of sex. Each account, written to Nancy Friday (like a written survey response, but in detail), was hot but in addition to this she categorised the content into sections (BDSM, Women with Women, Group Sex etc etc). So it also introduced me to other sexual lifestyles, whereas before this I grew up with the idea of a rather regimented view of marriage, and I suppose an attitude equivalent to 'missionary sex with the lights out'.

I've always meant to read John Jakes, but have only managed to view the telemovies of his novel North and South. Novel wise, I'd read all the 'sexy' parts from Harold Robbin's novels.

2/10/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

I've heard of "Women in Love, " (Lawrence), but I didn't know about "Men in Love." Thanks for sharing, Anastasia.

John Jakes's stuff was extremely hetero-centric. I started to discover about sexual diversity partly through word of mouth, and partly through another book on my dad's shelf: Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex, But Were Afraid To Ask. Sadly, though, while this book brought a lot of alternative sexualities to light, I think the author's perspective was a bit skewed. While he discussed the lifestyles he highlighted frankly, he also seemed to imply all of them besides the standard hetero, monogamous sexual relationship were somehow "deviant." Luckily, this viewpoint didn't rub off on me. I was more interested to know there was other stuff out there than interested in being judgmental about it...

Still, sounds like Friday's books would have been a better alternative, if only I'd had them available.

2/10/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

well I bet I am original here. I was watching THE GREEN BERETS with john wayne. Im not gay lol So i was watching show and i was about 11 or 12 no hair even yet and my cock just got hard so I rubbed it. A little while later I came and was scared to death. I didn't know shit about cum or orgasms just what i had seen in a few books I was like oh shit then i got hard again and cum again so now common sense was taking over and this must be normal right? I remember not saying shit and waiting till a friend talked about masterbation. I will never forget this it was the only time i masterbated to nuthing, no picture, no thought, just stroking watching tv. lol feel free to laugh it is true but I know its funny

2/11/2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Jay,

Yep, that's definitely an original one!

Well, John Wayne was pretty commanding in a uniform. Maybe your cock felt it needed to stand at attention and salute him. ;-)

It would be even more funny if it turns out you ended up joining the Army years later...

2/11/2006 4:28 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

ItsMe: Thanks for stopping by, Mr. Secretive!

2/20/2006 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria