Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Getting Testy

I'm feeling really worn out, so no "real" writing today. But soon.

In the meantime, I confess that I'm just too obsessed with personality tests. I blame Artful Dodger for sucking me in to this one (and he blames Evil Minx for sucking him in).

So, according to my PersonalDNA, I'm a "considerate inventor."

And, in case you ever sat around wondering, "Hm, I wonder what Miss Syl would look like if I were to take her, suck out her very life essence and then pack it into little wee boxes" well, stop thinking about sucking my essence and get the hell out of the house, you perv today you're in luck. You can roll over each of the boxes below to reveal all my little secrets. At least, what all my secrets are according to this test.




Heh. It says I have "very high femininity, openness, and empathy." Man, that makes me sound way too girlie, doesn't it? Well, maybe openness makes it a little less so...

Oh, and I got very high spontaneity. Which is both true, and good (in my opinion).

All the rest:

You are a considerate inventor

You are an Inventor

Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR. You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done. The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be. Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work. Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps. Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects. It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine. Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics. You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you. You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well. You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule. You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style. Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

You are Considerate

You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE. You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds. You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly watching others. Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times. Your belief that people are generally well-intentioned contributes to your sympathy regarding their problems. Although you may not vocalize it often, you have an awareness of how society affects individuals, and you understand complex causes of people's behavior. You like to look at all sides of a situation before making a judgment, particularly when that situation involves important things in other people's lives. Your close friends know you as a good listener.

Hm. Does it sound like me?

Minx and Art got different kinds of creator. Somehow that sounds more interesting to me than inventor. Though I suppose the two words aren't all that different, really. Except "inventor" to me sounds like I'm holding a test tube and standing next to a Bunsen burner.

If you want to try it yourself and tell me what you got, you can try it out here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cherrie said...

I'm somewhat mistrustful of personality tests, having lost out on past job opportunities because my results weren't quite what the employer was looking for (of course, they never give you a clue about what they want).

But I think your results are right on it at least one respect: you have shown your readers/correspondents that you are a very considerate person. Even though I don't know you, you make me feel very comfortable here, which is one reason I keep coming back.

I'm squeezing in this comment in the middle of my morning workout, and I don't have time to take the 30-minute test right now. Maybe tonight.

4/05/2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger Dee Jour said...

I got advocating inventor.

The word inventor does bring to mind people in lab coats slaving over test tubes and whatnot, but at the same time, an inventor has to put together the elements and get them to work in various ways, or in ways the inventor visualises, so it's a creative process with a slight difference.

4/05/2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger Karl Elvis said...

I came up Attentive Inventor.

Interesting test. Honestly I think I was sloppy taking it, too much thiking with all the damned grids and sliders.

4/05/2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*rummages around in old entries for when she did this one*

I get Considerate Dreamer, myself. Not bad, though the Meyers-Briggs result it hypothesised for me made me giggle.

4/05/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

Sorry about that, although you are very colorful squeezed down into that small box! ;)

4/05/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Heh. I guess I attract a lot of science nerds to my site, eh? Almost all of us are inventors of one type or another--except for that vibrantly trippy Darkhawk, who, lucky woman, gets to be a dreamer. So much more romantic.

Art: Thanks. And you look good as a colorful bar code.

Oh, and Cherrie: Yeah, I don't always actually BELIEVE personality tests, I just love taking them. I've also always been obsessed with reading personal ads, though I never (well, almost never) respond to them. I'm not sure if these two fascinations are related or not...

4/06/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

I took the test!

Any guesses as to how it came out?

(drumroll) . . .

Free-wheeling Inventor!

How did I score so low on empathy?

4/07/2006 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria