Sunday, April 02, 2006

(nice dream)


I've never fully bought into those dream interpretation books. I think a dreamt image is not a consistent thing. It can mean something different to different people, depending on that person's life situation and the associations they've built around that image.

But I do have a personal dream theory. The theory is that I've never really "accepted" something or someone as an integral part of me or my life, or as something I belong to, until I dream it. Often when I move to a new place, I don't dream it at all for quite a while. Instead I dream of other places I've lived. But when that place finally shows up in my dream world, I know I now belong there. When I dream a friend, or a lover, I know they've crossed over the threshold from being just someone I know to being someone who's truly important to me.

(As an aside: I've just suddenly realized I've never dreamed where I live now, despite living here almost six years. That should tell me something, huh?)

Anyway, last night, I had a dream about my blog. A very surreal dream, but clearly about my blog nonetheless. So I guess that means I now feel it's a part of me. I'm a blogger. How odd.

The dream relates to all of you too, though, so I figured I'd share.

In this dream, it was apparently possible to "feel" the essence of a blog. Each blog had a different "environment" or "atmosphere" assigned to it--and instead of reading it, you stepped into that atmosphere and felt it all around you, and that's how you absorbed what the person was saying to you in it.

Turned out in the dream, if you clicked on my blog, its atmosphere was a bed of fresh, green spring grass. You know, that vibrant, new, thick green carpet you just want to throw yourself down on. And as you lay down on it, you feel it crunching underneath you as it gives way, cool, and slightly moist, taking you in, absorbing your shape. Smelling clean, new, full of promise. And you just want to lay there forever. It was actually like a bed of grass, come to think of it. When I woke up in the middle of the night after dreaming this, the first thing it made me think of was that grass bed they had in the film Secretary. It was just like that; both something you've felt before, since you were a kid and therefore comforting, but also something new, not everyday, and very sensual.

So, not too bad, if that's what my blog's atmosphere would be like if it came alive. Nice dream. I've been imagining lying down in my blog grass all day. It's really nice. And I just wanted to say, feel free to come lay down next to me any time.
"...every motion and every spear of grass and the frames and spirits of men and women and all that concerns them are unspeakably perfect miracles all referring to all and each distinct and in its place. It is also not consistent with the reality of the soul to admit that there is anything in the known universe more divine than men and women." --Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
(And hm, just out of curiosity, it'd be fun to hear what you think your own blog's atmosphere would be. Lemme know.)

10 Comments:

Blogger Miss Syl said...

Chelsea Girl: Nice. And a little unsettling--which is always good. What kind of sheets?

4/03/2006 12:34 AM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

My blog is so new that I don't think it's picked up any aroma yet, although based on the entry I wrote today I'd say perspiration would be the smell of the moment.

But, Syl, I see your blog as a warm, happy party filled with potential friends and good karma--on fresh green grass, if you prefer.

4/03/2006 1:04 AM  
Blogger Karl Elvis said...

I thought it was weird that I dreamed about blogging last night - and now I find you're dreaming about blogging, but dreaming it in an even weirder way. I don't know WHAT that should tell me.

I'm trying to think what my blog would be. Images come to mind; batcave, dungeon, the kind of dark, hazy bar where no one asks your name but you know you can get whatever you want, no matter how illegal or deranged. But there's also a faraway tropical island feel, where we all go by first name and we don't really work too hard and we're all running away from something, somewhere, and drinking to forget, but maybe can't remember what it was we were fleeing or forgetting.

Or maybe it's more like fight club. I'll be damned if I know.

Syl, your blog to me is like an intellectual conversation in the hot tub, where everyone's sipping wine and talking with high minds about something, but under the water we're all naked and know it and every single one of is us is thinking filthy things.

Any second now we'll drop the intellectual pretense and start licking sweat off each other's bodies. Who's with me on that?

4/03/2006 2:44 AM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

Lick away, Karl!

4/03/2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Cherrie: Glad you've started! Hm, re your description: Maybe a garden party?

Karl Elvis: You dreamed about blogging last night? What about? And what should it tell you that my dream was weirder than yours? Um, I guess that I'm weirder than you?

I'd never thought of my blog as a hot tub, but it's not a bad image. Very 70s swinger, Eating Raoul-ish, isn't it?

Can you lick a lot of sweat in a hot tub? Seems that most of the sweaty areas would be under in the water, except for faces. Though sounds like even so, Cherrie's ready for you to lick her face. :)

4/03/2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

Depending on how I react to Karl, it may be something else!

Hot tubs and wine are certainly one way to touch the heart of this refugee from the '70s. Fortunately, my taste in wine has advanced from what I used to drink then.

4/04/2006 12:15 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Cherrie: I'll tell you, sometimes I feel like my blog exists just so I can be Karl Elvis' pimp-mama. Jeez.

Don't forget my cut, KE, or I'll have to bitch slap you.

4/04/2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger Karl Elvis said...

70's? move to cali, ladies. The hot tub is alive and well. Not that great for actually having sex in but dynamite for sweaty foreplay.

4/04/2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

I've got a big whirlpool in my bathroom, Karl, which we use liberally (in every sense of the word). I'd love an outdoor tub, but we live in a cold climate and it's hard to justify the expense.

You're right about making love in one not being as great as it sounds, though. I have some funny stories to relate about that; maybe I'll do that in my baby blog.

Syl, Karl is one smart man--surrounding himself with the many sexy women who correspond through your blog.

4/05/2006 12:17 AM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Karl Elvis: I like hot tubs, but have some...logistical issues to contend with that come up when naked in them. So I prefer a privat jacuzzi. 'Nuff said.

Cherrie:Yep, you can call Karl Elvis many things, but stupid would definitely not be one of them. He's like that one guy in high school who figures out that taking the home ec class actually makes him the polar *opposite* of gay. (And yes, pun intended.)

4/05/2006 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria