Saturday, May 06, 2006

Forever in Memes

Money talks, people, but it don't sing and dance, and it don't blog.

I have been TAGGED, like a desperate elk on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, tackled and trapped via helicopter leap by the insane Jim Fowler (click on the roll-over that says, "Are You Insane?"), most likely while Marlin Perkins sat on his lazy ass back at the lodge, drinking hot chocolate.

In this modern-day scenario, however, spcknght is Jim Fowler. And HE can tackle me in the snow any day (oooh er, missus!).

I thought I was gonna get away from this one, folks, I really did. I was sneaky. I deliberately didn' t leave a comment on Hiromi's blog the day she did it and tagged "...every motherfucker who reads this. Mwaaahahahahahahaha!" I just looked the other way and whistled innocently...nope, I didn' t see nothin'. And I overcame my persistent guilt by employing convenient semantic logic to rationalize..."Well, um, technically, I have never fucked my mother. So..."

But no, the NEIL DIAMOND MEME has found me anyway and wrapped itself around me like a sparkly, open collar 70's shirt and way-too-tight black knit trousers.

I know this week has been nothing but lists about me. And though I know I'm just sooo fascinating to all of you (ahem), I don't blame you if you feel it's a little much all in a row like this. But the truth of the matter is, I love memes and stupid personality quizzes. I love reading other people's. I love doing my own. No, it's not deep. It's not important. But it's fun. And I sure haven't had a lot of that lately, so I'll do whatever I get even small enjoyment from, thank you very much. Think it doesn't count as "real" blogging? Well, to quote a certain wise and eloquent man, "Bite me." (Those who do so in a very sexy way, though, get brownie points.) I'll get back to the real blogging soon enough.

So, y'know, "cracklin' reader, get on board," and all of that...

I AM: More than I probably appear to be on this blog. (And also: currently trying to write a description of what a "good kiss" is and getting all hot and bothered by it, yet still thinking it's not nearly good enough to post.)
I SAID: “No pillow!”
I WANT: The above quote to mean the more interesting thing you probably began imagining it meant, rather than what it actually did mean.
I WISH: That all the people I wish I could hang out with weren’t all living so far away from me.
I HATE: Liars and poseurs and blowhards, oh my.
I MISS: Feeling like I and my life are cool and interesting.
I FEAR: I won’t get to feel like that again.
I HEAR: Birds (especially one very insistent mourning dove). Airplanes in the distance. A car driving past. Clicking of the keyboard. Wind blowing through a tree. Farther in the distance: lapping water (though that may only be my imagination).
I WONDER: Where I’ll end up. And what the origin of the expression “all that and a bag of chips” is.
I REGRET: That I’m probably boring you to death with this meme.
I AM NOT: a pushover.
I DANCE: really well, so I’m told--and not nearly enough lately.
I SING: Loudly in the car by myself to stuff on my iPod or the radio. Softly to myself when I dance.
I CRY: More than I ever imagined I would the older I get, at things I never imagined I’d cry at…like sappy TV commercials or deliberately emotionally-manipulative movies. Grrrr, hate that. But I still don’t cry at Lifetime TV shows! Kill me if that starts happening!
I AM NOT ALWAYS: As strong as I appear to be.
I MADE: Myself go to yoga class yesterday.
I WRITE: Every. Fucking. Minute. Of. The. Day. (Or at least it feels like that sometimes.)
I CONFUSE: Other people’s needs (and sometimes interests) with mine.
I NEED: A patron so I never have to worry about money and can just focus on doing the writing I want to do. Or a sugar daddy. Or a generous old lady who likes my blog and leaves me all her money and her fabulous city brownstone in her will.
I SHOULD: Get out of bed.
I START: To imagine staying in bed all day instead.
I FINISH: This slightly dull attempt at a meme.
I TAG: YOU (and let me know you did it so I can go read it).

Disclaimer: Mind you now, I said I loved memes, but that doesn't mean I want to get tagged every day of the week. Too much of a good thing and all of that. Be gentle and sparing, you lot. There are plenty of others who you can share the wealth with, too.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this week has been nothing but lists about me.

I beg to differ, my dear Miss Syl. I became alarmed at the lack of new posts at your blog this past week and initiated a search which led me to the blog of Artful Dodger, who informed me that you and a certain Todd had been cavorting like a couple of ferrets. "Bite me" indeed!

The rest of you can read the sordid details at The Secret Brain.

Now, young lady, it's time to get to work. The line of customers outside the Sexeteria is winding around the block.;)

5/06/2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Kochanie: Not *like* ferretts--*in* the ferret compound. Thanks for the concern, but no need for that, though. I've just been busy doing things out in the world (like trying to wash all the damn ferret musk off my skin).

As to getting to work: the day the blog feels like work instead of fun, I'm outa here. Unless people start paying me to do it, I have no other motivation than to just fufill my own whims, urges, and fancies, whatever it turns out they may be. :)

5/06/2006 7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not *like* ferretts--*in* the ferret compound.

I know you were merely cleaning the ferret cage, but cavorting like ferrets just sounded like more fun. And speaking of fun, I agree: when the blog feels like work, time to do something else. Enjoy your weekend.

5/06/2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger spcknght said...

Happy to have provided a pleasant self-satisfying diversion for you this week! And we'll forego the tackling and just fall back and make beautiful snow angels together! ;)

5/06/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

OK, you got me. I'm in.

Well... i couldn't resist, to be honest. I love a good meme.

Kisses,
Minxy

5/07/2006 4:57 AM  
Blogger Ray said...

The cool thing about memes is seeing them come back around later from total strangers with changes that you made included in them.

I added the "I Said" question to it so that I could name it the Neil Diamond meme. I thought it was a perfectly awful joke. Seems it has grown legs.

Next time I'm tagging you directly, dear girl.

5/07/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Spcknght: How about snow devils?

Minx: I went to look, but didn't see the meme. You must have gotten tied up...literally, probably, vixen that you are. ;-)

Ray: Dude, you're like, so totally VIRAL. It *is* a *perfectly* awful joke. Which is the best reason for it to grow legs. And you're not reading carefully. I'm a dear girl. I'm an elk girl.

Romancing Simplicity: Secretly, everything I write is only to amuse you so that you will fall under my spell and be mine forever. ;-) One step closer to my evil plan's succeed!

5/08/2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

Ahem.

Have now extrapolated myself from the chains that bound me...

As Nell Gwynne once said of a sleeping Charles II's cock... it's up now, come and look.

;-)
Minxy xxxxxxxxxxx

5/08/2006 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-- This one's a good one. I half wanna do it, but then I don't think I could prevent myself from making toungue-in-cheek answers.

By the way, thanks for your comment. And you noticed that the post immediately before it quoted you directly, right? 'cause I'll be putting in the links sometime today, but I wanted to make sure you knew and were ok with it.

5/11/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Miss Syl said...

Buck:

I did see, just this morning and--for lack of a less trite expression in my short window in which to dash off this response--I was very touched. Wanted to email you related to, in fact, but couldn't seem to find the address. Would you mind sending it on? (See my "about me" to find mine.

And I actually didn't like this meme thematically as much as some, so I won't insist you do it; but I'm a big, big fan of tongues in cheeks. Plant yours in there if you so wish.

Also note, after doing some more digging, it appears as if the first Eleanor quote may belong to someone else. More on that later... But the second one is definitely attributed to her.

5/11/2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<<Back to Sexeteria home




Linketeria